29.9.06

courtney went to elton john??

yeah. i went to go see elton john play at gm place on wednesday night. i love sir elton, the music takes me back to my kidhood, i find it profoundly nostalgic.

we sat 7 rows up from the floor. i coulda sneezed and hit his piano. i took this pic with my cell camera from my seat:

that's how close he played tiny dancer and crocodile rock and daniel and all those other pretty songs that i'd shake my head to under the living room coffee table when i was 4.

the man is incredibly polite, he got up after each song and bowed in every direction.

the funny part, of all his beautiful songs that could have made me cry, especially with what's going on with mike right now, i busted out bawling to rocket man. go figure. it was just so overwhelming seeing that song played live like 20 ft in front of me. i couldn't keep it in. i'd imagine it's what seeing the beatles play hey jude would be like... if that were possible.

flawless show. flawless.

technorati tags:, , , , ,

Labels:

Prison Blog - genpop.org

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home