5.9.06

windows makes me emo

i did the absolutely unthinkable today. something i've never done before. i bought a fucking pc. and i'm about ready to slice my wrists open with a little jagged piece of the flying windows window after i smash it with a sledgehammer. FUCK WINDOWS.


i may be a geek but i'm not that much of a geek. i bought the damned thing because the fucking goddamned accountants FINALLY got me to bend over so they could shove their windows loving wangs in my ass. i just was so fucking tired of hearing from them that my filemaker database, which is actually an entire program *I* wrote custom for our needs, isn't something they want to learn. i built it over 3 years and the stupid fucking accountants keep whining, "we don't understand this, you need to use quickbooks" but the problem is the canadian version of quickbooks for mac only functions in one currency and we have clients all over the world. so i finally gave in and went out and bought a fucking pc with fucking quickbooks and now i feel like i've been raped by satan.

when i bring home a new mac, i open it, stick it on my desk, power up and i'm on the internet and i can work. i can get work done, thus keeping clients happy by avoiding having to keep them waiting, which in turn leads to us getting paid and eating and being able to afford our bills.

when i brought this fucking pc laptop home, with an open mind, i opened the damned thing, powered up and then all these little pop-up windows assault me with, "update this!", "holy SHIT, you need to update THAT", "your computer will explode if you don't do a virus scan now!!!" so of course, i click yes to do the virus scan and there's a big beep and another warning, "UPDATE YOUR MOTHERFUCKING VIRUS SOFTWARE". not in so many words, but you get the idea. so i run all the updaters and scans and shit and that takes me a good four hours. then i have to install quickbooks, so i go to print out some shit for it, and the fucking thing won't recognize any of the FOUR printers we have on the network. see, right out of the box, my mac can print from a printer hooked up to any computer, pc or mac, on the network without running any setup shit. not so easy for the little pc that couldn't. so after an hour of trying to figure it out, i finally realize that the wonderful people at apple have built a little utility to help windows out with recognizing printers on networks. so download, install, setup (takes a good 15 minutes), then i finally print (yes, i realize i could have just printed it out from my mac and gotten it done faster, but i can't walk away from a challenge like that, i won't sleep). go to install quickbooks and this warning box comes up, "the arguments are invalid". what the fuck does that mean?? the arguments are invalid? was i arguing with the fucking computer? how about plain english??? FUCK.

mac warning box: "Alert! The file or folder you are looking for no longer exists."

pc warning: "101011100000111110000000011100000, motherfucker!"

so it tells me i should restart my computer and try again. and it happens again. so i restart and try again. this is where i whine, "jooohhhhhhhnnnn?? can you help me install this?" and he gets it going. but a few minutes later the installer quits. so i cross my fingers and hope that it was installed fully anyway, and thank god it was. cause one more little mishap and i would have just smashed the thing.

i haven't restarted my mac since i moved in. even after installing lots and lots of software. i've restarted my pc probably a good 30 times today. my mac and my pc have the same processor speed and the mac runs twice as fast.

fuck windows. fuck it so bad.

technorati tags:, , , , , ,

Prison Blog - genpop.org

4 comment(s):

More like "Fuck Windows. Fuck it up its stupid ASS. PS - Thank you for shitting the bed SO badly that you keep me perpetually employed and valuable. AMEN."

By Blogger mphetameme, at 5.9.06  

More like "Fuck Windows. Fuck it up its stupid ASS. PS - Thank you for shitting the bed SO badly that you keep me perpetually employed and valuable. AMEN."

By Blogger mphetameme, at 5.9.06  

dude
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/9/8/23544/30905

check out "path to 9/11"

By Blogger garth2, at 9.9.06  

i guess you have to prioritize. as someone who recently quit my own business for a while because it was making me miserable, i know realize the power it gives me. being in control of my own destiny through my own business, and making decent money allows me the freedom to take time and money now and again to work towards the things i believe in, to donate to causes i support and give life to ideas that will lead, at the very least, a handful of us in a better direction.

and in my experience, the only way to make sure my business continues is through the use of apple products, because windows simply does not work.

i could boycott apple based on the fact that steve jobs sits on the board at disney and hasn't spoken out against a few things, and use microsoft products to run my business, but it'd be driven into the ground within months, leaving me with literally zero spending power, and thus, no say in anything, anywhere, ever.

or, i can continue to run my business on apple products, have my business grow and make enough so that one day my dream to make http://walkalones.blogspot.com and similar project ideas a reality.

so, i could be stubborn or i could leave the world in a better place than i found it.

no brainer if you ask me.

By Blogger Courtney, at 9.9.06  

Post a comment

<< Home