27.12.07

another reason to hate the colts

warning: don't use the service prisoncallsonline.com for your collect calls from loved ones in prison. i have been trying to contact them since i've been in mexico, about a month now and they still haven't responded. not even when i told them i was going to call visa and get all my money back. i'll be going with a new company, inmatephoneservices.com. they seem to have their shit together.

however, i hit a snag on christmas eve. i hit a magnificent snag. i'll tell you about the whole night, for your entertainment or lackthereof.

i made dinner for my family, snapper, spicy steamed veggies, rice and a chicken soup mexican style (corn and chili and lime in it, yum). we then went out to the beach where there were fireworks, then back to our pool where everyone and their dog was drinking. i talked football with somoene from san diego, met this other chick from vancouver. then chase and i met bobby & mike at coco maya, which is a giant club with 4 dance floors built right on top of the sand on the beach. the second i walked in this guy comes up to me and says, "please tell me you're not from new york" and i said "i'm not from new york" and then he said some other shit, it's getting foggy at this point and i'm just talking to him for a potential drink. turns out he was from indianapolis and i told him i don't like peyton manning because he has a funny face and he hugged me when i said i like the browns? i dunno, he was starting to irritate me and i made my way up to the bar to get myself a damned drink and he was following me asking me where i was from. so i told him and he didn't believe me i dont know why, and i offered to show him my ID and pulled out my wallet. he saw the ID and asked if i'd heard of saltspring island, of course i had, he said his brother in law was from there and he lived here in playa now with his sister. i was entirely fascinated at this point, about as fascinated as i get with a mosquito when it won't stop buzzing around my ear in bed at night.

he asked me if i found the mexicans rude. i said no, but i found a lot of gringos were. apparently he is unable to laugh at himself because he looked sort of wounded when i said that. then he told me the mexicans were rude to him and i just nodded, knowing full well they were rude to him because he was rude to them. some tourists just have this demanding way about them, you know? i don't think they always realize they are being rude but they are. when they want everything to be like it is at home, everything in english and promptly and cooked the same way, mixed the same way, etc. i find myself doing it at times. but that's when the mexicans are rude, when you act like a gringo. sometimes you just have to be more laid back and not be in such a rush. it's difficult, but it's nice.

anyway, luckily at that point i saw bobby walk by and yelled at him and he came over and i introduced the guy to bobby, told him he was my brother and the guy was like, ahh, nice to meet you man, and took off so fast. the whole time i'd been standing at the bar waiting for a drink and the bartender never got to me so i was like fuck this place and got chase and we went to a karaoke bar instead. at the karaoke bar chase owed me a beer cause i'd bought her one earlier when we left to go out, so she bought me one and we sat down and sang some karaoke. when i finished my beer it was like 5am so i told chase i have to boot cause we have family shit in the morning. we left and were walking back and i stopped by this taco stand for a taco and reached in my bag and my wallet was gone. i was so drunk and so fucking hungry that i paid for the tacos in change and went and found chase, told her.

we headed back to coco maya cause i know it was that asshole from indianapolis because i had pulled out my wallet, he made some comment about me being a rich girl, was eyeing the fucking wallet all night and then took off so fast when i introduced him to bobby. i get there and the bouncer is gone and in his place is a midget in a 3 piece black and white striped suit, like thick stripes, not pinstripes, a black hat and i think he had a cane. i did a double take and then asked him about my wallet if anyone had turned one in, etc. so he takes off running through the place asking this guy and that guy and i'm trying to follow him through the thick crowds dancing on the dance floors, the strobe lights and smoke from smoke machines, pounding techno music. i keep catching glimpses of black and white stripes and follow in that direction and he's not there, then i see black and white stripes, streaking through the crowd again and follow him again and he's not there, and over and over until i felt like the whole night had been written by lewis carroll and my brain was spinning, full of tequila and coronas and sols. and then the midget finally emerges from the chaos and says "no tengo" and shows me his empty hands and i felt like crying, grabbed chase and walked home.

so the snag, is that my credit card has been canceled because it was stolen by some lunatic colts fan. and my bank cards are gone, my ID, pictures of mike, the ID card mike sent me a while back was in there. a letter on a half piece of paper mike wrote me was in there, pics of my family, carrie, all my frequent flyer cards. so the new phone company requires credit card payments. i can have my card replaced but it's a business card so i have to go to the branch to pick it up. they don't send them out. thank god i wasnt carrying my passport. i'm pretty choked. more about the personal stuff than the money. there was $110 bucks in there, too. some dickhead has probably just thrown away a pile of shit that meant something to me. that totally sucks. fuck indianapolis.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,
----------------

Now playing: Aerogramme - Zionist Timing
via FoxyTunes

Labels: , ,

Prison Blog - genpop.org

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home