15.12.07

Ashleigh Aston-Moore

I've been waiting on this for a few days because I'm not even sure what to say. I lost a good friend this week to heroin. In reality, I lost her to it a year ago, and have missed her terribly since then. I always had this feeling though, this hope, that maybe one day she would get her shit together and I would have my friend back. Instead she died.

Ashleigh was fucking infuriating. There were so many things that drove me up the wall with her, over and over and over again, not the least of which was waiting 90 years for her to get ready every time we went out.

But even though I got a lot of flack from a lot of people, people telling me she was this or that and I didn't know what I was getting myself into, I still became inseparable with her for a long time.

If you go back to some of the posts from 2005, 2006, you'll find some posts about her. Some of the shit we did, including tim horton's hopping for the five finger discount at 3am under the guise of a clam chowder hunt, running around drunk in our pajamas in the rain in the middle of squamish looking for a fat white buddhist to unlock our hotel room door, garage sale shopping with propel vitamin water and a huge hangover buying the craziest shit for the superhouse like the cooper basketball challenge and the weight lifting set which was like 9 billion tons but we somehow managed to get it in her truck, stealing literally all the front desk decorations from the ricky's diner down the street one morning in a hungover stupor, including the "We'd be pleased to seat you" sign that sits to this day on the back of the 3house toilet, making up characters and their background and acting as though we were them at karaoke at bb's one night. she was amelia from england. i forget who i was, obviously her character outshone mine. i remember one night she was whining so much about wanting to be massaged by a guy so bad, that i finally posted a wanted ad on craigslist that had us in stitches, but i can't remember what i wrote. then when she snuck my monte carlo out one day while i was working and had a stereo installed in it. planning her 25th birthday at chuck e cheese, complete with limo and surprising her with patent red leather chuck taylors. natasha had to keep the secret of where we were going and let it slip 3 seconds before we got there. haha.

I don't wish to write about the last time I saw her. It saddened me beyond words.

I miss you so fucking much Ashleigh. Fuck.


Technorati Tags:

----------------
Now playing: Stars - your ex-lover is dead
via FoxyTunes

Labels:

Prison Blog - genpop.org

2 comment(s):

I can't believe she's dead. This is so fucked up. We pretty much grew up together in the boring little fishing town Steveston, she was my sister's best friend when we were younger. I only found out today that she had passed, this is so messed up I can't believe it's happening.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 20.12.07  

that´s pretty sad. i just found out right now, and im really sad. i haven´t seen her for a long time, since gold diggers and i was wondering what she was doing these days and look what i discover! she´s was so pretty lately, i´m sad she has found drugs in her way. she seemed so right. i hope you guys that were her friends and close hold on into memories and be able to remember the good things she left. if you like to talk sometime just email me
andre
ultimoromance@hotmail.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 30.12.07  

Post a comment

<< Home