1.5.06

NFL School

ok. so. for my entire life i have despised two things most of all. baseball and football. why? well, it ruled my mom, dad and brother's lives during the seasons and i could sit there at the dinner table at age 12 yelling that i was pregnant and no one would hear me. i used to whine at the dinner table every night, can we please talk about something else?

so i've always been pretty bitter about football and baseball. not hockey, cause my dad didn't like hockey and my mom didn't much like it, so in a pathetic act of rebellion, i chose hockey to be the one sport i liked.

but since the strike and the bertuzzi thing, i'm just not getting any enjoyment out of it. i still love the canucks and want to see them do well, but i just am not getting hyped like i used to. i miss that feeling.

now, my brother has become so obsessed with football that he even talks about it all during the off season, and my dad joins in and they get together every sunday and there's monday night football at the pioneer and jp malones and everyone seems to be having so much fun and i realized i'm just being a stubborn loser.

so at easter dinner last week, i announced to my dad and my brother that they could school me in football. i've never seen two faces light up so bright in my life.

my dad says, "which team are you going to cheer for?"

"the bears, dad"

bobby: "excuse me? which team are you gonna cheer for?"

me: "uhh, i mean the raiders"

then i get on the phone with mike, and i tell him i'm letting my brother and dad teach me about football. he whines and says that's his job. then he asks which team i'm cheering for. i tell him the browns of course.






Currently watching:

Any Given Sunday

Release date: By 01 September, 2000

Labels:

Prison Blog - genpop.org

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home