24.4.06

YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT??

i get this reaction after i say that i haven't seen a lot of movies or old tv shows. the latest being a christmas story. yep. never saw it. never saw the dark crystal. never saw the labyrinth. it goes on and on. but let me tell you why.

we had one tv and my dad always watched football, baseball and my mom watched dallas and knots landing and i was OUTSIDE with my dogs, archie and jughead, and the kids in the neighborhood. i'd make my own toys. i went through a phase where i painted my tree house as often as i could. i started a competition on the block between like 20 kids or something to see who could grind the most stones down to powder and i sat up in my tree house day and night grinding stones. i was fucking insane. i used to write things and fold them up and bury them in people's gardens and sand boxes. when there was no one outside, i'd dig little tiny holes in the mortar of my fireplace and roll up little notes and put them in there, then funnel the grindings back in so it looked the same. i bet there are still notes in that fireplace. i spent literally years of my life mapping out short cuts in our little subdivision through people's back yards and i could get to any of my friends houses without using the street and without being seen. i'd go to construction sites and steal some of that super glue and glue things to the sidewalk, some of which remains there to this day. i'd put on the police and lie on my back under our glass coffee table and shake my head back and forth for hours. or i'd sing "doit-doit-doity-doit" along with frank sinatra doin new york new york. when i got real bored, i'd jump off my bunk bed over and over.

i made up my own stories and we acted them out. my dad would come out to the front lawn and spin us around and make us run obstacle races. we'd play 9 door and swim in kelly's pool, ride our bikes, walk the railroad tracks, tell ghost stories, trade stickers, build forts.

it was a busy life. there was no time for tv.










Currently listening:

The End of Heartache
By Killswitch Engage
Release date: By 11 May, 2004

Prison Blog - genpop.org

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home