25.2.06

from the vaults II

december 31st, 1999 9:29pm

most time zones (ours excluded) have rolled over into the new millenium already and no signs of Y2K glitches. ultimately, this is a major letdown. for me anyway. my morbid desire for widespread crises began in 1986 as far as i can tell.

i was 8 years old, 1985, when my parents told me they were moving us to adelaide, australia. for a year, i remember being afraid with images of desolate sand dunes dotted with primitive foreigners. i had no idea what australia was like. the year turned out to be one of the best of my life to date. in hindsight specifically. mostly due to travelling halfway around the world. places like hawaii, fiji, new zealand, all over australia, singapore, malaysia and tahiti. it is truly amazing now, when i think about it, the things i learned in all those places. i mean, i can point out the differences between how a tropical island smells and how asia smells. at the time i sort of took it all for granted and now when i compare my life right now to my life during 1986, it just bores me. so, to tide me over, i'd really enjoy a three week long power failure. at least then SOMETHING would be happening.

january 1st, 2000 2:16am

well, it's the year two thousand. i counted down by candlelight with my roommate. no y2k crises, no mike, no substance abuse and best of all, the only sounds i can hear now is the sound of our upstairs neighbours FUCKING VIGOROUSLY as though the world were really about to end. Jesus H. Christ, life is so fucking boring. i should go upstairs and congratulate the dude for having blown his first load of the millenium. you know, just for something to do...










Currently listening:
Saturation
By Urge Overkill
Release date: By 22 June, 1993

Labels:

Prison Blog - genpop.org

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home