17.11.05

i woke up broken

zzzzzzz

my family i headed out to ohio to visit mike. prison was like an open compound and we sat in a stairwell and waited for him. he approached us slowly, with sadness, and i held his head against me while his arms drooped, long and strong around me. i sobbed. not because i was sad at that point, but because i have never felt anything so wonderful in my life.

he sat next to me in the stairwell and he said he was doing as best he could given the situation, but he was lonely. i told him i understood. i told him that no matter where he has ever been, being without him is lonely for me.

then he looked at me with his giant green eyes, with pain, and uttered a silly question, "court, i'm still your best friend right? i'm still that important to you?"

fuck, of course.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz






Currently listening:

Picaresque

By The Decemberists

Labels:

Prison Blog - genpop.org

1 comment(s):

my friend had a 'zine called Picaresque. He died. I still have it. He was a beatiful guy but i didn't find out he was on meth until after he died.

oy!

By Blogger garth2, at 17.11.05  

Post a comment

<< Home