30.7.06

blogs from the thick of it

Tonight is my engagement dinner-party, and I'm afraid some people will not be able to make it. Instead of being busy with grooming and preparing ourselves for the big night, we are all glued to TV screens, eager for a glimpse of good news.
I had a big bouquet of flowers prepared by my Beirut florist to be delivered this evening to my sweetheart. Unfortunately, a phone call this afternoon informed me that not even florists are in the mood for love tonight.

Comment is free: A view from inside Lebanon

that's is a pretty good post to the guardian unlimited's comment is free from july 13th. unfortunately, he hasn't posted since.
This blog is mostly about Iraq. It is basically an Iraqi perspective. The comments section of the previous post drifted into the question of the recent conflict in Lebanon. Some people wondered how Iraqis saw things and whether they were interested in the first place. This is how I see it from Iraq.

Iraqi Letters

I was born in Baghdad in 1988, April, 23rd but I'm originally from Mosul. still a student in the magnet-school, dreaming of the university... I started to write a blog to fill my time, and it really worked.

A Star from Mosul

Kara is working for the Wildlife Conservation Society in Afghanistan, for the International Snow Leopard Trust. She’s grown used to saving things, given her past as a Peace Corps volunteer in Nepal and then with the Alliance to Save Energy in Washington, DC. Kara will be in Afghanistan for the summer of 2006: the summer of Kara.

karastevens.org · Everything you wanted to know about Kabul you’ll never find here.


technorati tags:, , , ,

Prison Blog - genpop.org

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home