20.12.05

gangsta tuesdays

my heart swells with the ghetto sounds of hip-hop every tuesday... here are some tight tune swoooons.

k, outkast... seriously. these guys are so incredibly good and talented and they tickle my mind and my ears with their unlike-any-other music, hip hop with a southern twang, it's like a contradiction that usually only exists in parallel universi. pieces to outkast for being so effin' good.

elevators (me & you) off atliens makes me all frikken warm inside. they done come a long way like them slim ass cigarettes.

..me & you, your momma & your cousin too
rollin down the strip on vogues
comin up slammin cadillac doors
..

and rosa parks... mikey used to to rap and sing that to me over the phone, his sweet little mid-western "ah-ha"s have been branded in my subconscious... there is no more beautiful a sound.

eminem! slim shady bitches!

the man is a poet. as someone who loves the craft of stringing together sentences and phrases and words, i can't help but appreciate this man and his writing skill. i mean shit, listen to this:

So to the parents of America
I am the derringer aimed at little Erica to attack her character
The ringleader of this circus of worthless pawns
Sent to lead the march right up to the steps of Congress
and piss on the lawns of the White House
To burn the {flag} and replace it with a Parental Advisory sticker
To spit liquor in the faces of this democracy of hypocrisy
Fuck you Ms. Cheney! Fuck you Tipper Gore!
Fuck you with the free-est of speech
this Divided States of Embarassment will allow me to have
Fuck you!


i couldn't have said it better, i don't even think edgar allen poe, william shakespeare and jack kerouac rolled together into one super-writing entity could have put it any other way.

and the dido diddy in stan is kinda pretty. so shoot me or whatever.

the morning rain clouds up my window and I can't see at all
And even if I could it'd all be grey, but your picture on my wall
it reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad


just anotha gangsta tuesday, hoz.






Currently listening:

Get Rich or Die Tryin'

By 50 Cent

Labels:

Prison Blog - genpop.org

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home