18.2.05

garbage day.

today was garbage. there's usually a total lack of reason no matter where you go, what you do, who you talk to, but today was unquestionably the most unreasonable day of all.

i never did get around to reading the new york times. business has got me tangled in red tape so hopelessly that i couldn't even read my english-bureaucratic dictionary. what i did notice, briefly, is that someone out there decided to tell the press that nasa found proof of life on mars and nasa swiftly denied the rumours. i wonder if i would have seen that in the times.

bradifer-gate with a side of jolie? wtf? who cares? my mom called me the other day and said "hey, hon, did you hear? chuck and camilla are getting married" "chuck and camilla?" "yeah, chuck and camilla" "who the dang are chuck and camilla?" "prince charles and camilla parker whatever" "hey mom, did you hear? half of asia is DEAD, the most fascist man to ever exist runs the most powerful country in the world and unless you can bring to life kurt cobain or jack kerouac, i don't give a fluck about celebs and their asinign melodrama". i didn't really say that. i love my mom. i humored her as i always do. "great mom, that oughtta be a wedding to see".

ok. i lie. i get a little starry-eyed sometimes, i'm only human. i actually have a bit of a thing for authors. i write a lot of fan mail. once nada surf wrote me back and said my fan-mail attempt sounded like a suicide note from lester bangs.

my favorite fan mail attempt was Jimmy Lerner, 'cause he writes me and it makes a boring day designing bed and breakfast web sites a little more fun. and his book was great. i was sad 'cause a friend went to jail, so i looked for books about it. looked and looked to no avail, finally jimmy's book popped off the shelf and i read it and i was moved and i wrote him and i understand a little more what my friend is going through. and i made a new one. jimmy's cool as hell.

the gates in new york city. wow. i think orange is my new favorite color.

song of the moment: seville by pinback. thanks garth.

Prison Blog - genpop.org

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home